It is said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, does that mean that putting your best foot forward is not required? Absolutely not! This is why you need a grooming checklist.
If you take a little more time to look at the part, anyone can be well-groomed. Furthermore, maintaining good bodily hygiene while seeming presentable, fit, and healthy
This is what it means to keep yourself well-groomed.
Appropriate hygiene and grooming boost your self-esteem and confidence. Also, it ensures that you do not have to feel embarrassed in front of your colleagues or social circle.
Given our hectic schedules and volatile lifestyle, our mornings can be a little rushed. Hence, we might miss that one little thing that can break the entire image that we are trying to project.
To help you look more put together, we have created a grooming checklist that you can use to quickly scan yourself from top to bottom.
By making it a part of your daily routine, you will be able to go through it all in under a minute.
Following is the grooming checklist with 17 hygiene practices to elevate your appearance:
1. Is your hair clean and styled? It should not be oily or greasy.
Washing your hair with the right shampoo and conditioner can help you avoid oily and greasy hair while keeping your scalp clean.
2. Check your hair from the sides and back in the mirror for flyaways.
Rogue flyaways can be frustrating. They form due to heat damage, breakage, new hair growth, static hair, or humidity. Avoid heat styling and use a hydrating moisturizer.
3. Did you apply your sunscreen? If not, do it now.
Wearing sunscreen helps you protect your skin from sunburn, premature aging, and skin cancer.
4. Are your lips moisturized? Quickly apply lip balm. Nothing looks worse than chapped lips.
Lip balms help you hydrate your lips, keep them soft, and heal them.
5. Do a quick breath check. If you are unsure if it smells, use a mouth freshener just to be safe.
Brushing your teeth regularly, and flossing at least once a week will help make your breath fresher.
6. Are your teeth clean? There should be nothing caught between them.
Regular flossing is essential for maintaining good oral hygiene. Plaque can accumulate between your teeth and along your gum line if you neglect to floss.
Related Article – 5 Effective Tips On How To Smell Good All The Time
7. Make sure your nose is blown and clean.
Cleansing your nose can help you to clean out bacteria, allergens, dust, and germs.
8. If you have applied makeup, is it suitable for the occasion and time of the day?
Get your makeup right whether you are getting ready for a wedding, a lunch date with your friends, or the office.
9. There should be no lipstick smears around the lips or on the teeth.
Always start by conditioning or applying lip balm to your lips. Your lips will become supple and smooth.
10. Check for mascara smudges or dots around the eyes.
Priming your eyelids and the area around your eyes is essential to preventing smudging. Regardless of your skin type, it will stop oils from penetrating your mascara.
Related Article – 12 Effective Corporate Etiquette Tips You Should Follow At Workplace
11. There should be no body odor. Do a quick underarm check and apply deodorant and/or antiperspirant if required.
The fact that you smell amazing as you venture out into the world will have a positive impact on your life as well as the lives of everyone who comes into contact with you.
12. Are there any sweat stains on your clothes? Change if there is.
Sweat stains can be embarrassing and can affect your overall image. Try steering away from sweat-inducing food and cutting down on caffeine.
13. If you are wearing perfume, is it suitable for the occasion and time of the day?
Knowing the right perfume for the right occasion is essential. Depending on the occasion, people’s opinions of you can alter with a certain perfume.
14. Make sure to apply the perfume subtly and not overwhelm others.
The scent should have a subtle and slow impact rather than an unwillingly strong one. Too much perfume might negate its purpose.
15. Are your nails for both hands and feet smoothed? Make sure they are clean, cut, and filed.
Short, well-maintained nails not only look wonderful, but they are also less likely to collect dirt and bacteria that could cause an illness.
16. There should be no chipped nail polish. Either apply it properly or remove it altogether.
Paint two base coats—one on the top half of your nail and the second coat covering the entire nail—to avoid prematurely chipping.
17. Use a full-length mirror to check yourself from all angles.
Simply standing in front of a full-length mirror will allow you to see your entire body from head to toe.
Apart from the personal hygiene and grooming, do a quick scan of the outfit you are wearing for these:
1. You have dressed appropriately for the weather.
2. You have dressed appropriately for the occasion.
3. Your collar is straight and smooth.
4. Your clothing is ironed properly, and wrinkle-free.
5. There are no stains on the front of the outfit.
6. The clothing should not be full of pills or pulls.
7. There is no shed hair or dust all over the top, jacket, or coat’s shoulders.
8. No loose threads are showing, and the hems are not coming down anywhere.
9. The cuffs are not dirty.
10. The shoes are clean and polished, with no noticeable scratch marks.
There you go! We hope that with this grooming checklist, you will be confident in your appearance; keep your posture straight, your head held high, and go reach for the sky.