Quoting from one of my favorite songs “Only a lifetime” by Finneas,
How do you know, if you’ve done everything right? Is it the love you have at hand Or the cash you kiss at night? How do you know, if it was worth it in the end?
Have you ever wondered if this is the life you’re meant to live or if there is more out there for you? It’s been quite a journey for me. Somewhat elevating!
After repeated failure, being miserable with the work I was doing, unhappy with my body, and empty in my soul, I decided it was time to turn things around.
In the process, I fell in love with the “hobby” and journey of working on myself to get better every day. To overcome self-doubt, self-pity, self-criticism, and imposter syndrome.
Related Article: A Reflection On Encountering Vulnerability
Through this journey, I’d love to share some of my learnings and lessons to live a fulfilling life:
1. After every tunnel there is light
2. We need to have intrinsic motivation to really get ourselves to do something
3. Happiness is within yourself
- This might sound cliché, but the truth is – Another person is not responsible for your happiness and if you do make them responsible in your mind, then good luck!
Related Article: Comfort Zone: Three Spoilers That Won’t Let You Out
4. The power of imagination is unreal
- You can have anything you imagine. Just don’t doubt it- ever.
5. Be kind to yourself
- Treat and talk to yourself the way you would with your friends.
6. The biggest superpower
- You can have is the ability to still your mind. I wish I could find the right words to describe its impact!
Related Article: 5 Holistic Health Aspects – Wellness And Its Importance
7. Believe in yourself
- If we can’t believe in ourselves, we can’t expect anyone else to either.
8. Tasting the pain of failure drives you to succeed.
9. Value the ones you love. Be kind and spread happiness.
We all might have read or heard about these at some point. However, experiencing and applying them is a whole new ballgame altogether.
It took me a long time to accept these learnings. I questioned, “Why can’t some things just fall in my plate like it does for others?” Maybe it does not fall in everyone’s plate.
Everyone’s story is different.
Today, I most certainly am in a happier place than I was even yesterday. I feel fulfilled with my journey and I am working hard on becoming the person I have dreamt of being.
I truly hope that you have a splendid life and that you can gain from my learnings and add value to yourself in a way that makes your life more fulfilling.